Dr. Sangita Reddy is a Global Healthcare Influencer, Healthcare Technocrat, Social Entrepreneur and Humanitarian. Passionately committed to transforming healthcare system through technological advancements and accelerating positive transformation for effective healthcare service delivery. She has been conferred with an Honorary Doctorate by Macquarie University Australia, in recognition of her untiring efforts and resolute commitment to bring transformative changes in healthcare, development of Health IT and championing manifold initiatives both in India and abroad. She is an Honorary Consul of Brazil in Hyderabad, Appointed by Govt. of India.
Influencing Global Healthcare - As an influencing policy maker and reformist, she is actively engaged with governments and industry bodies on aspects of public health and policy development.
Dr. Sangita Reddy is a member of The World Economic Forum, Sr. Vice President & Director of FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industries) and was an elected Member of the Steering Committee on Health for the Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-2017) by the Planning Commission, Government of India.
Dr. Sangita Reddy has been nominated by Government of India as a Member of the Technology Development Board, Department of Science and Technology. She is an Executive Member at National Association of Software & Services Cos (NASSCOM) and was on the Board for Development Institute, USA and GAVI.Org.
She has advocated and influenced policy reform needs and is an acclaimed speaker on global healthcare forums around the world including the World Health Congress. As a member of the Rockefeller working Group she contributes for development of private sector’s role in global healthcare industry.
Driving Healthcare Technology & Innovation - A firm believer in the potential of leveraging technology in a holistic manner, Dr. Sangita Reddy is focused on setting benchmarks in futuristic health care projects enabling IOT, AI, Data Analytics, drone tech and Block Chain. A driving force for the eHealth initiatives, it is under her leadership that Apollo Hospitals has received three consecutive HiMSS-Elsevier ICT achievement awards and four hospitals have achieved the HiMSS Level-6 certification. Apollo Hospitals Hyderabad has emerged as Asia’s first Health City.
In an initiative to build a healthier India, Dr. Sangita Reddy launched Mobile Clinics equipped with high-end technology for advanced screening of NCDs for reaching the masses who does not have easy access to affordable and quality healthcare.
An Entrepreneur Promoting Affordable and Sustainable Social Initiatives - Committed to building a more inclusive healthcare ecosystem in the nation, one of her initiatives has been Apollo Reach, which aims to build a string of secondary care hospitals in rural areas across India. It is under her leadership the world’s 1st Telemedicine Centre, at an altitude of 14,000 feet, has been successfully established by Apollo Telehealth.
Dr. Sangita Reddy is also Chairman at Apollo Knowledge, an education initiative focused on shaping healthcare human capital for tomorrow. Apollo Knowledge initiatives are driven through setting up of Medical Colleges, the online learning platform Medvarsity and Apollo MedSkills. Today, Apollo MedSkills is the largest and most preferred healthcare skilling institution in India.
Driving Humanitarian Initiatives - Dr. Sangita Reddy heads Apollo Philanthropy, an umbrella entity encompassing ‘Save a Child’s Heart Initiative’, SAHI, CURE and the Billion Hearts Beating Foundation. She also led the formation of the Total Health Foundation which aims to improve the 'total health' of people by acting on the wider determinants of health as well as providing access to healthcare.
Steering the awareness and cause of Organ Donation, Dr. Sangita Reddy has implemented initiatives to bring together volunteer groups, healthcare organizations, civil society organizations, governments, NGO's and public sector institutions on a common platform to create an Organ Donation Bank.
Educational Qualifications - A graduate in Science from the Women’s Christian College in Chennai, India, Dr. Sangita Reddy has pursued post-graduation courses in Hospital Administration from Rutgers University, Harvard University and the National University of Singapore.
Directorships - Dr. Sangita Reddy is director on 16 companies in India which are spread across Healthcare, Alternate Energy, Real Estate and Software Development
List of Board Directorships
1. Apollo Hospitals Enterprise Limited
2. Kar Auto Private Limited
3. PCR Investments Limited
4. Healthnet Global Limited
5. Elixir Communities Private Limited
6. Wehub Foundation
7. Searchlight Health Private Limited
8. Apollo Home Healthcare Limited
9. Imperial Hospital And Research Centre Limited
10. Family Health Plan Insurance TPA Limited
11. Apollo Health And Lifestyle Limited
12. AMG Healthcare Destination Private Limited
13. Apollo Sugar Clinics Limited
14. Apollo Gleneagles Pet-Ct Private Limited
15. Apollo Telehealth Services Private Limited
16. Apollo Med Skills Limited
Memberships - Dr. Sangita Reddy holds several key roles as member of various institutions and associations.
1. Member - Technology Development Board, Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India
2. Member - Twelfth Five Year Plan (2012-2017) by the Planning Commission, Govt. of India.
3. Board Member - Results for Development Institute
4. Member - The World Economic Forum
5. Sr. Vice President Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industries – FICCI
6. Member - Gavi (https://www.gavi.org/) Advisory Council
7. Executive Member- National Association of Software & Services Companies - NASSCOM
8. Honorary Consul of Brazil in Hyderabad, Appointed by Govt. of India.
Awards and Recognitions - Dr. Sangita Reddy has been a recipient of numerous prestigious awards for bringing transformative changes in Indian healthcare making it much more accessible, affordable and truly inclusive.
1. In 1998, Dr. Sangita Reddy received the Young Manager of the Year Award from the Hyderabad Management Association.
2. In 2005-06 Dr. Sangita Reddy was awarded the Top Woman Entrepreneur in the Information and Communication Technology Sector.
3. In 2007, FICCI Ladies Organization, Hyderabad chapter awarded Dr. Sangita Reddy for her contribution to "Women Power & Entrepreneurship".
4. In 2019, D. Sangita Reddy was presented the prestigious Indian Medical Association Mediko Award (https://medicaldialogues.in/apollo-joint-md-dr-sangita-reddy-conferred-wit h-best-female-healthcare-leader-award/) in the category "Best Female Healthcare Leader". IMA Mediko Award 2019 was presented to her by Minister of Health, Medical and Family Welfare.
5. Dr. Sangita Reddy received the Hyderabad Women of the Decade Achievers’ award from ASSOCHAM
6. Dr. Sangita Reddy received the ‘Successful Women Entrepreneur’ award by the Chittoor NRI’s Organization, Dallas, Texas.
Personal Life - Dr. Sangita Reddy is the youngest of Dr. Prathap C Reddy four daughters, jointly handles Apollo Hospitals Enterprises Ltd with her sisters Dr. Preetha Reddy, Suneeta Reddy and Shobana Kamineni.
Dr. Sangita Reddy is married to Shri Konda Vishweshwar Reddy an Engineer, Entrepreneur, Politician and a former elected Member of Parliament (Lok Sabha) from Chevella, Telangana. The couple have three sons Konda Anindith Reddy, Konda Vishwajith Reddy and Konda Viraj Reddy.
Subscribe to blog & follow on social media